Emmet as a project is a toolkit that works as a plug-in for several favorite text editors, like Sublime Text, Eclipse, Brackets and of course Atom.
It provides abbreviations for HTML auto-completion and intellisense inspired in CSS selectors, what it makes the coding of HTML code much faster and comfortable.
The package also provides
automatic indentation of JSX.
- JSX tag closure and JSX HTML element completion suggestions.
- Context-aware commenting out of JSX elements.
- Additional newline insertion between JSX tag pairs.
- Babel transpilation on file saves (optional).
- Babel transpile of all files in a directory or directories.
- Babel transpiled code preview.
- Support for styled-components CSS inside tagged template strings including auto-completion.
- Support for GraphQL code highlighting
- Support for adding other language grammars to highlight code inside template literal strings.
As usual, when coding using React as our front-end framework, we're writing ES6 code, that is not strongly typed nor compiled ahead, so it's easy to introduce syntax errors that are not evident until execution time. So, to solve these problems, eslint is a must-have tool, checking the most common types of errors as you write.
Autocomplete for require/import statements. It makes easier the process of adding new modules from the directory tree.
The only drawback is not being linter complaint.
autoclose-HTML is a simple package that does a single task, closing tags in HTML markup. However, as simple as it sounds it's something missing in a plain Atom installation and makes your life easier when writing web content.
At last, but not least, we have git-plus, a package for making the git tasks, like add, commit, check-out, push, and others, as easy as using
ctrl+shift+p and typing the corresponding git command.
If you use Linux as a regular development OS, you might want to use the command line inside Atom for convenience.
A "terminal" package for Atom on Linux.
Thank you for reading these recommendations and enjoy coding!. Take care and see you next time!.